Microsoft has finally and officially release the update packages of Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 for public download. Released as KB976932, the actual build of the first service pack has been compiled on November 19, 2010 (based on version number of 7601.17514.101119-1850), and has leaked months ago, although it was only first officially available for OEM partners, MSDN and TechNet subscribers last week.
Released as KB976932, The SP1 for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 is actually the same update package, though the setup installer is different for 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) editions. Users can allow Windows Update to roll out the SP1 for automatic upgrade, or manually download the SP1 from Microsoft Download Center for immediate update.
Microsoft has recommended end-users to turn on Automatic Updates so that Windows Update can offer a smaller and more appropriate downloads. If you insist on installing with SP1 update package from Microsoft Download Center, Microsoft publishes KB2505743 which details some suggestions to improve experience when installing Windows 7 SP1 from the Microsoft Download Center Web site.
Download Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (Official Direct Download Links)
Microsoft Download Center URL: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c3202ce6-4056-4059-8a1b-3a9b77cdfdda (WGA Genuine Windows validation required)
All-in-One (AIO x86, x64 and IA64): 7601.17514.101119-1850_Update_Sp_Wave1-GRMSP1.1_DVD.iso (1953.3MB)
The DVD ISO image contains all standalone update packages for all system architecture, namely:
- windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe – Installs SP1 to a 32-bit (x86) machine running Windows 7.
- windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe – Installs SP1 to a 64-bit (x64) machine running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Windows_Win7SP1.7601.17514.101119-1850.X86FRE.Symbols.msi – Standalone debugging symbols (free) for 32-bit machines.
- Windows_Win7SP1.7601.17514.101119-1850.X86CHK.Symbols.msi – Standalone debugging symbols (checked) for 32-bit machines.
- Windows_Win7SP1.7601.17514.101119-1850.AMD64FRE.Symbols.msi – Standalone debugging symbols (free) for 64-bit machines, and contains debugging symbols for both Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
- Windows_Win7SP1.7601.17514.101119-1850.AMD64CHK.Symbols.msi – Standalone debugging symbols (checked) for 64-bit machines and contains debugging symbols for both Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
The downloads above are of “Wave 1” setup installers of the SP1 which contains all 36 major languages: Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese-Hong Kong SAR, Chinese-Simplified, Chinese-Taiwan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese-Brazil, Portuguese-Portugal, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, and Ukrainian.
If you have previously installed a pre-release version of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 on your machine, you must uninstall the beta or RC version before installing SP1.
Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 helps keep your PCs and servers on the latest support level. It also provides ongoing improvements to the Windows Operating System (OS), by including previous updates delivered over Windows Update as well as continuing incremental updates to the Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 platforms. No major feature introduction though. Do read all the details on changes by SP1 and all documentation or guides for the SP1.
If you prefer, the Windows 7 with SP1 integrated ISO images and Windows Server 2008 R2 with SP1 integrated ISO images from MSDN/TechNet have been leaked for download.
Intend to use multiple languages in Windows 7 SP1 or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1? Here’s the official download links for Windows 7 SP1 language packs (MUI) and official download links for Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 language packs (MUI).
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Zemana Mobile Antivirus Premium Free License Download
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18277 (19H1) Improve Focus Assist, High DPI Settings
- Steganos Privacy Suite Free Download With Genuine License Series Key Code
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18262 Released To Insiders in the Fast Ring and Skip Ahead
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18267 – What’s New, Improved, Fixed, and Known issues