Skyfire is a free and downloadable mobile browser that provides the web browsing experience much like surfing the web on a PC. Skyfire has recently taken another approach by released its Skyfire 2.0 for Android mobile platform which makes the mobile browsing to an entirely new level with the addition of the SkyBar. The SkyBar able to bring the best of the Internet to the mobile users with a single touch to access any broken embedded video, related content as well as the ability to share content to their social networks.
Features of the Skyfire 2.0 for Android platform includes:
- Enjoy Flash video content with the Video feature which launches the Flash videos in to a pop up player.
- Explore provides information and recommendations based on Twitter buzz, trends, similar videos and etc.
- Share feature allows you to share a web page content you are looking at on social networking sites instantly.
- Provides option to view mobile or desktop versions of websites.
- Innovative toolbar UI for easy and fast access.
“Skyfire 2.0 was built for the social media web world. People are now starting their web experience by scanning their Facebook and Twitter news feeds,” explains by Jeff Glueck, CEO of Skyfire. “Our new browser ensures that many of the embedded links, such as Flash video in those feeds actually work on a mobile browser.”
The Skyfire 2.0 is available for Android 1.5, 1.6, 2.0 and 2.1 devices. For those users who interested to install the Skyfire 2.0 on their Android devices can follow one of the below options:
- Option 1: Launch Android Market on Android phone and search for “Skyfire” or photograph the below QR code with the Barcode Scanner or Google Goggles app on your Android phone to point to the Skyfire app in the Maketplace.
- Option 2: If you don’t have Android Market on your phone, go to http://m.skyfire.com on your standard Android browser to download directly to your device.
- Option 3: Install through your PC/Mac by download from here and copy the Skyfire APK file to your phone’s memory card and install it.
Update: Skyfire 3 for Android