The SP1 (Service Pack 1) RC (Release Candidate) for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 has been released to general public as free download. The Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 share the same setup installer, as the client and server operating systems use the same underlying code bits. The first major upgrade for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 OS does not include much new features. Instead, the SP1 will consolidate all the bug fixes and security updates that have or have not previously released through Windows Update.
The official Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 SP1 RC has the build version number of 7601.17105 (6.1.7601.17105.100929-1730). The setup installer for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. Earlier, the same unofficial version of SP1 RC had been leaked to Internet. Another post-beta RC-Escrow build of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 with build string of 7601.17104 had also leaked to the Web.
Note that the Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 SP1 RC is still a beta software, and is meant mainly for IT professionals, tech enthusiasts, and developers who need to test the service pack in their organization or with the software they are developing, and not for end users to run day to day.
In addition, user must uninstall any SP1 Beta or SP1 RC installed prior to upgrading to final ready version of Windows 7 SP1 or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. Likewise, user has to uninstall SP1 Beta before deploying the Release Candidate. Upgrading from Windows 7 SP1 Beta to Windows 7 SP1 RC or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Beta to Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 RC is not supported.
Like any beta software from Microsoft, the SP1 RC is time-bombed and set to expire on November 30, 2011, with notification messages starting to display from August 30, 2011. Once the SP1 RC expires, Windows will be treated in a manner similar to non-genuine software even if the underlying copy of Windows installed is perfectly genuine, until user upgrades to RTM version of SP1.
Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 SP1 RC is available in Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and Chinese (Hong Kong) languages, and is available as free download for genuine Windows user. The system has to run the final RTM version of Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 in order to install the SP1 RC.
Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Release Candidate (RC) can be downloaded from TechNet or Microsoft Download Center, after brief registration and sign in with Windows Live ID. Alternatively, just click on the direct download links below to start the download instantly from official Microsoft hosted servers.
Options available for downloading and installing Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 SP1 RC:
- WUSignUpTool_x86.exe – This tool enables your 32-bit Windows 7 machine to participate in the public beta via Windows Update. Run this tool and then check for updates in Windows Update.
- WUSignUpTool_x64.exe – This tool enables your 64-bit Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 machine to participate in the public beta via Windows Update. Run this tool and then check for updates in Windows Update.
- windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe – This application installs the public beta to a 32-bit machine running Windows 7.
- windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe – This application installs the public beta to a 64-bit machine running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2.
- 7601.17105.100929-1730-3_Update_Sp_Wave1-RC1SP1.1_DVD.iso – This DVD ISO disk image contains the standalone update packages for the public release candidate.
NOTE: If you are already participating in the public beta via Windows Update, go to Windows Update in the Control Panel, uninstall the beta, select Check for Updates, then install the release candidate. You do not need to run the WUSignupTool a second time to be offered the release candidate. You do not need to install any updates before installing the release candidate.
Documentation for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 Release Candidate (KB976932) is also available for download at Microsoft Download Center, including Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Notable Changes.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Build 17758 Official ISO Images Download Link
- Xiaomi AMAZFIT Cor IPS Smartband User Manual English Version
- Xiaomi Mijia Mini 4K 30fps Action Camera User Manual English Version
- Free Download 8 Awesome Software (Worth $350+) For Special Giveaway
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18234 Released to Insider in Fast ring for PC – Here’s What’s New Improvements, Fixes, and Known Issues