Another build of Windows 7 SP1 (Service Pack 1) has been leaked to the web. The new leaked build of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (both operating systems have the same code base and use the same service pack) is 7601.16556.100421-1510 v.172, reportedly of the beta 1 (b1) escrow milestone. The SP1 is expected to be released in the last quarter of 2010, a year after Windows 7 RTM wass released.
The build 7601.16556 of Windows 7 SP1 was compiled on April 21st, 2010. Here’s the file characteristics of the leaked Windows 7 SP1 Beta 1 Escrow build 7601.16556.100421-1510, together with the torrent to download the SP1 through BitTorrent network.
File Name: 7601.16556.100421-1510_Update_Sp_Wave0-B1SP1.0_DVD.iso
Build: 7601.16556.100421-1510; Service Pack 1, v.172
Size: 1,306,019,840 Byte
Torrent (Magnet Link): MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.7.AND.SERVER.2008.R2.ESCROW.B1SP1UPD.WAVE0.DVD-MSFT
Inside the ISO image is the Windows 7 SP1 update package (KB976932):
File Name: windows6.1-KB976932-X64-INTL.exe
File Name: windows6.1-KB976932-x86-INTL.exe
The service pack above works on for any version of Windows 7 or Server 2008 R2, including 32-bit (x86), 64-bit (x64) and ia64 platforms. It contains only wave 0 languages, which English, Spanish, Japanese, German, French. For system not running in the language above, install the English MUI language pack first. Note that after installing the SP1 Beta 1 Escrow above, the time bomb will be planted, with expiry date set to a day between April to July 2011.
Microsoft has mentioned that the SP1 only bring minor updates to Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, where new features will be limited to 2 new virtualization-related technologies: RemoteFX and Dynamic Memory, with an updated Remote Desktop client that takes advantage of RemoteFX introduced in the server-side. RemoteFX intends to make user experience across remote virtual desktops a better one with support for Windows Aero, full-motion video streaming, Silverlight animations, highly-synchronized audio, 3D graphics and applications. Dynamic Memory feature allows Hyper-V hypervisor to make use of physical memory not only efficiently but also dynamically while delivering as minimal an impact on performance as possible.
However, words is that Windows 7 SP1 will also bring significant performance boost for BitLocker Drive Encryption, and deliver fix for storage-related performance bugs. Main point is that, while most bug fixes have been delivered via Windows Update, some updates may only appear in SP1.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Xiaomi AMAZFIT Cor IPS Smartband User Manual English Version
- Xiaomi Mijia Mini 4K 30fps Action Camera User Manual English Version
- Free Download 8 Awesome Software (Worth $350+) For Special Giveaway
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18234 Released to Insider in Fast ring for PC – Here’s What’s New Improvements, Fixes, and Known Issues
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17755 What’s New, Fixed and Known issues for PCs