Windows Virtual PC in Windows 7 features an unique and useful feature which allows virtual applications installed on guest operating system of Windows XP or Windows Vista in the virtual machine to be seamlessly accessed and launched from host Windows 7 desktop as if it’s running on the end user’s local computer. Users can run programs from guest virtual machine side by side with local programs, with full ability to minimize, maximize, and resize the program window, and can easily start multiple programs at the same time.
The seamless applications integration of Windows 7 Virtual PC feature is utilizing RemoteApp technology from Terminal Services (TS). Microsoft includes RemoteApp feature into Windows Virtual PC for Windows 7 to provide application backward compatibility for some programs and software utilities that can only run in Windows XP or Windows Vista.
To convenient Windows 7 users who need to instantly get started running Windows XP productivity applications, Microsoft is providing pre-configured and pre-activated Windows XP virtual machine as in Windows XP Mode. However, some users or administrators may prefer to install their own operating system into the virtual machine as guest OS. In these cases, users who want to use the seamless applications integration feature can download KB961741 or KB961742 RAIL QFE update from Microsoft to enable RemoteApp.
Note that the patch will have to installed in Windows XP SP3 or Windows Vista SP1 or Windows Vista SP2 virtual machine running in Windows Virtual PC in Windows 7. It is is not required for Windows XP Mode image downloaded from Microsoft though, as it’s already been pre-configured.
Download RAIL QFE KB961741 for Windows Vista SP1 or above
Download RAIL QFE KB961742 for Windows XP SP3
TechNet and MSDN: en_rail_qfe_for_windows_xp_sp3_x86_439642.exe
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links