Microsoft’s virtualization solution for Windows 7, Windows Virtual PC (VPC) and Windows XP Mode (XPM) final RTM builds have been compiled and signed off as build 7600.16393 on September 22nd, 2009. Windows Virtual PC requires hardware-assisted virtualization, thus it’s recommended to check and verify system supports hardware virtualization (VT) or not prior to downloading and installing.
The main purpose of Windows Virtual PC, an optional component for Windows 7 is to support application backward compatibility for software and programs that can only run on older versions of Windows. With RemoteApp, which allows application installed on guest operating system to be accessed directly from host operating system (Windows 7) seamlessly, users can run and access virtualized instance of programs without running virtual machine. Windows XP Mode is provided by Microsoft with free Windows XP OS license as a way for users instantly install and run virtualization environment without having to manually install operating system in virtual machine, and have to acquire a genuine product key to activate the installed OS again.
When comparing with classic Virtual PC for Windows Vista and Windows XP, Windows Virtual PC for Windows 7 features the following advantages:
- USB device support
- Seamless application publishing and launching
- Support for multi-threads
- Clipboard sharing
- Printer redirection
- Smart card redirection
- Drive sharing
- Integration with Windows Explorer
- Known folder integration between host and guest
- Support for higher resolution
- Requires AMD-V or Intel-VT CPU features
- Integration with XP Mode
Windows Virtual PC is available for free download by all Windows 7 editions except Windows 7 Starter, while Windows XP Mode is available only for Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Enterprise, And Windows 7 Ultimate.
According to Windows 7 Team Blog, the final RTM version of Windows Virtual PC and Windows XP Mode will be available officially on October 22nd, 2009, together with the official retail release of Windows 7. The RTM version for Windows Virtual PC is 6.1.7600.16393.20090922-1800, however, Windows XP Mode setup installer displays version 1.3.7600.16423 during installation.
Users who can’t wait till October 22nd 2009 from official Virtual PC website can now download the setup installer for final RTM version of Windows Virtual PC and Windows XP Mode via MSDN or TechNet Subscriber Downloads, which are been posted on October 7, 2009. Earlier, the final RTM builds of Windows Virtual PC and Windows XP Mode have also been leaked to the web, and available to download for free via torrent or the following download links.
Windows Virtual PC for Windows 7 (Multilingual)
Windows XP Mode (requires Windows Virtual PC)
English: WindowsXPMode_en-us.exe (known as en_windows_xp_mode_x86_x64_439180.exe in MSDN or TechNet)
All Inclusive Torrent Download
Torrent will download HAV Tool (Hardware Assisted Virtualization Detection Utility), Windows XP and Vista RAIL QFE Update to enable RemoteApp, x86 and x64 Windows Virtual PC and Windows XP Mode. User will have to uninstall previous version of Windows XP Mode prior to install RTM release, and also previous version of Windows Virtual PC if don’t want to restart the computer to apply new update.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18334 Roll Out for Windows Insiders – Here Full Changelog of What Fixes, Changes, and Improvement (Free State of Decay)
- Windows 10 Voice Recorder Keyboard Shortcuts
- Free Elegant Art Nouveau Fonts for Windows, Linux, and Mac
- Want to share the Apple devices content to SmartTV with AirPlay 2? Here are the SmartTV models support AirPlay 2
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18312 for PC Released – Here What’s Full Details of Changes