Firefox web browser has built-in password manager that able to save, store or remember user name, ID and password credentials to auto-fill and auto-complete the login or logon text fields on next and subsequent visits. However, on some sites, Firefox, including both Firefox version 2 and Firefox 3, fails or does not prompt and offer user a choice to remember and save the password, and hence won’t store the password for AutoComplete or AutoFill.
My Digital Life has published a Save Password Bookmarklet to force Firefox to save and remember the password on websites that using “AutoComplete=Off” setting to instruct browser to disable the password saving feature.
Here’s another trick to make Firefox ignore all disabled or turned off AutoComplete request by websites, such as PayPal, Yahoo!, email services, Internet Banking, and many other secure sites, so that the browser will offer user a choice to remember or save the password or not permanently. Again, the hack only works on websites that use “AutoComplete=Off” parameter to disable the password saving feature in web browser.
To permanently enable user ID and password Auto Complete on all websites and web pages regardless of website setting, go to C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\components folder, and edit the nsLoginManager.js file.
Locate the following lines of code (around line 725 to 727 in Firefox 3), and the comment out the lines by adding // (double slash) in front of the lines.
if (element && element.hasAttribute("autocomplete") &&
element.getAttribute("autocomplete").toLowerCase() == "off")
// if (element && element.hasAttribute(”autocomplete”) &&
// element.getAttribute(”autocomplete”).toLowerCase() == “off”)
// return true;
After editing, save the file and restart Firefox browser, and now all passwords can be saved.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Build 18351 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s Fixes, Changes, Improvements, and Known Issues
- DriverMax Free Download With 1-year Genuine License Serial Key
- Windows 10 Build 18342.8 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s New, Fixed and Improvement, and Known Issues
- How To Download Videos in TikTok – Step-By-Step Guide
- Facebook Messenger Dark Mode – How To Enable Facebook Messenger Dark Mode