Windows Server 2008 R2 is the next iteration of Windows Server operating system, which has been RTMed with build version 6.1.7600.16385 together with Windows 7. Microsoft is now officially releasing the ISO image for Windows Server 2008 R2 Trial Software, which allowing administrators and users to install Windows Server 2008 R2 to evaluate the new operating system for 180 days for free.
Windows Server 2008 R2 builds on the foundation of Windows Server 2008 to expand existing technology and add new features to enable organizations to increase the reliability and flexibility of their server infrastructures. In fact, the evaluation version of Windows Server 2008 R2 RTM has been released ahead of schedule.
Windows Server 2008 R2 Trial for evaluation is available in ISO disc image format in single consolidated file download for Windows Server 2008 R2 Web, Standard, Enterprise and Datacenter editions, available for English, German, Japanese, French, Spanish and Chinese. Another ISO is available for Windows server 2008 R2 Itanium for English, German, Japanese and French.
Note: Windows Server 2008 R2 is available in 64-bit (x86) versions ONLY.
The download of Windows Server 2008 R2 Trial ISO can be initiated from official Windows Server 2008 R2 Trial Software homepage for IT professionals and developers via TechNet or MSDN. However, registration is required for a guided experience through Microsoft CARE, in which registrants will receive periodic information on adoption, migration, and deployment to assist the evaluation experience. Remember to download the big ISO file with Download Manager to ensure 100% completion rate, and accelerate download times on slower links.
Download Windows Server 2008 R2 (Web, Standard, Enterprise and Datacenter) Evaluation ISO
Direct Download Links:
Simplified Chinese (7600.16385.090713-1255_x64fre_server_eval_zh-cn-GRMSXEVAL_CN_DVD.iso)
English version checksum:
Size: 2,997,100,544 bytes
Download Windows Server 2008 R2 for Itanium-Based Systems Evaluation ISO
via Microsoft Download Center (Registration required)
Direct Download Links:
English version checksum:
SIZE: 2,489,485,312 bytes
For quick deployment of the evaluation system, Microsoft also provides free Windows Server 2008 R2 Trial Software VHD images for Hyper-V, the preinstalled operating system that can be mounted on Hyper-V for instant running. VHD is virtualization file format for Hyper-V. The VHD release is available in English only and is for evaluation and testing purposes. However, user must have a base install of Windows Server 2008 (64-bit edition) or Windows Server 2008 R2, running Hyper-V in order to load and make use of the VHD image as running virtual machine.
Both Windows Server 2008 R2 Trial Software VHD virtual machines provided by Microsoft are running Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition Evaluation, without any anti-virus installed. One is the default full installation, and the other has been configured as a default Core installation.
Download Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Evaluation (Full Edition) VHD
Single Image: Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Evaluation (Full Edition).exe
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Evaluation (Full Edition).part01.exe
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Evaluation (Full Edition).part02.rar
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Evaluation (Full Edition).part03.rar
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Evaluation (Full Edition).part04.rar
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Evaluation (Full Edition).part05.rar
Download Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Evaluation (Server Core) VHD
Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Evaluation (Server Core).exe
Microsoft Download Center also provides instruction on how to use the Windows Server 2008 R2 VHD with Hyper-V:
- On your computer, install Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2 and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Download the files required from links above
- When you have installed Hyper-V and extracted the VHD files, copy the VHD file to a pre-selected location (recommended default location C:\Users\Public\Documents\Microsoft Hyper-V\Virtual Hard Disks)
- Open Hyper-V Manager. Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Hyper-V Manager.
- From the Action pane, click New, and then click Virtual Machine.
- From the New Virtual Machine Wizard, click Next.
- On the Specify Name and Location page, specify what you want to name the virtual machine and where you want to store it. (you can keep this as default location for ease).
- On the Memory page, specify enough memory to run the guest operating system you want to use on the virtual machine (Recommendation at least 2Gb).
- On the Networking page, connect the network adapter to an existing virtual network if you want to establish network connectivity at this point.
- On the Connect Virtual Hard Disk page, select “Use and existing virtual hard disk”, and browse to the location you copied the VHD file to in step 3 above.
- Select finish (you can also start the VHD at this time, however we recommend you create a snapshot before you start the VHD for the first time).
- To logon to the machine, use the following credentials: Username: administrator, password: Pass@word1 (Administrator account)
Evaluating any version of Windows Server 2008 R2 software does not require entering a product key, however will require activation within 10 days. Failing to activate the evaluation will cause the licensing service to shut the machine down every hour (The 10 day activation period can be reset five (5) times by using the rearm command, which is the same with how to rearm Windows 7). Once activated, the evaluation will run for 180 days. After this time, user will need to uninstall the software or upgrade to a fully-licensed version of Windows Server 2008 R2.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Steganos Privacy Suite 19 Free Download With Genuine License Key
- Zemana AntiMalware Premium Free Download For Limited Time
- Microsoft Edge Dev 184.108.40.206 New Updated Now Available for Download
- Bitdefender Total Security 2020 Free Download With Genuine License Series Key
- Norton Security Deluxe Free Download With 3 Months Genuine License Serial Key