Nowadays 3D technology is a new trend and as an effort to standardize 3D format for developer companies to follow, HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) Consortium has recently released the new version 1.4 3D specifications available for public, which was previously only limited to its licensees that have signed HDMI Adopter Agreement.
The early release of 3D HDMI specification is extracted directly from HDMI version 1.4 and it is mainly targeted for developers or companies that intends to have the first hand information but have yet to sign HDMI Adopter agreement. Besides being enhanced to support Ethernet connectivity that allows network sharing and Audio Return Channel, the most notable feature that being added is the ability to support 3D standard that will be widely adopted in future applications. As expected, it is greatly useful for developments surrounding gaming, entertainment, media contents as an upcoming important media standard in both consumer electronics products and PC markets. However, since this is still an on-going effort with definition that may potentially change from time to time, there is a plan to update HDMI to 1.4a version that will also address the 3D specification and will be released in short future.
In order to download the 3D portion of HDMI version 1.4 specification, it is required to complete the form here with personal and company information, products that are planning to develop as well as certain terms and conditions that need to be adhered.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links