HomeVPN is yet another VPN service provider which determined to excel itself among the competitors with reliable, secure, unfiltered and unmonitored communication service. Built on OpenVPN based SSL-VPN, HomeVPN promises low latency, which perfect for real-time content), high bandwidth of more than 1 Gbit/s and no speed limit.
VPN or Virtual Private Network tunnel is normally used to bypass restriction or geographic blockage to access blocked websites such as YouTube or other streaming sites, to ensure anonymity and privacy, and for security against eavesdropping especially when accessing the Internet through public hotspot.
Features of HomeVPN:
- SSL based VPN approach to establish a secure encrypted TLS connection with end-user’s computer where OpenVPN clients are available for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Android, OpenBSD, Solaris and many other operating systems. OpenVPN can work through most proxy servers and NAT routers and can breach many firewalls.
- Data encryption and authentication of secure encrypted tunnel is based on the SSLv3/TLSv1 protocol and the OpenSSL libraries which have been (partially) validated under the FIPS 140-2 computer security standard. The cryptographic algorithm currently in use is the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES).
- All incoming packets pass through firewall. Packets from unknown sources are automatically blocked, with ability to configure in admin panel to allow server applications to listen on specific ports (port forwarding).
- Easy endpoint VPN server switching without the need to reconfigure VPN client.
- Personal private dedicated IP (for “Private Network” line).
- Ability to play network games with broadcast packets support (for “Private Network” line).
- Enable your invited guests to see and access your network shares as if they were located in your local network (for “Private Network” line).
Note: This VPN service has received several complaints.
Thanks to sponsorship of HomeVPN, My Digital Life has fifty (50) HomeVPN 1 month premium VPN account to giveaway, free of charge, which otherwise normally costs 3.45 EUR. The free VPN account is normal paid commercial account, and not a trial account, so users get to use the VPN with an USA IP address without delay restriction or limitation, subjects to the terms and conditions of service provider, such as traffic limit.
To win an account of HomeVPN , just write and post a comment below. All comments must be posted on or before 23:59 PM on February 5, 2011, according to comment posted time (UTC+8). You can post as many comments as you like to increase your chance of winning.
A valid email address must be entered on the “Mail” field. Do not post email address inside comments to avoid spam. Winners will receive a voucher code which can be redeemed for a premium VPN service from HomeVPN.
Fifty (50) winners will be selected randomly, with each entitled to one 30-day HomeVPN account. Each participant entitles to one account only.
Contest closed. Thanks to HomeVPN, MDL has 100 (one hundreds) voucher codes for giveaway. As such, all posters whose comments posted before or on 1:05 PM, January 30th, 2011 13:02 (first 137 comments) won a HomeVPN account. Each participant entitles to one account, thus if you submit more than 1 entries (including using multiple email addresses), you won once only.
My Digital Life’s decision is final, and My Digital Life reserves all rights to change any terms and conditions without prior notice. Do check out more free giveaways available at My Digital Life.