Greasemonkey is a very popular Mozilla Firefox add-on that allows users to install user scripts to make on-the-fly changes to HTML web page content while augmented browsing on the DOMContentLoaded event, which happens immediately after it is loaded in the browser. Greasemonkey scripts are commonly used to permanently add functions to web pages, customize or change web pages rendering or designing, and numerous other purposes.
There are literally thousands of Greasemonkey user scripts available, and with the popularity of Greasemonkey addon in Firefox, Google Chrome has added support for Greasemonkey user scripts. With built-in Greasemonkey user script support in Google Chrome, user can implement the customizations on Firefox by running the same user scripts in Google Chrome. In fact, user script support is built-in into the core of Chrome and Chromium web browser, so no add-on or plug-in is required to be installed.
Here’s how to use Greasemonkey scripts in Google Chrome:
- Download and install Google Chrome in Dev Channel from here (Windows operating system). Mac OS X and Linux users can get the download link for Google Chrome Dev Channel from here.
Alternatively, just click on “Install” link on any Greasemonkey script (in .user.js extension), typically hosted on userscripts.org or other developers’ sites, to install the script.
- Prior to installing the script, Chrome will prompt the the following installation warning:
Extensions and themes can harm your computer. Are you sure you want to continue?
Click on “Continue” button to get the user script installed.
- On the “Confirm Installation” dialog box, click on the “Install” button to install the Greasemonkey script.
After installing a user script, here’s how to disable, uninstall or remove a user script or extension in Google Chrome.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- How To Download HBO Shows On iPhone, iPad Through Apple TV App
- Norton 360 Free Download With License Serial Key
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19025 (20H1) for PC Official Available for Insiders in Fast Ring – Here’s What’s News, Fixes, and Enhancement Changelog
- Kaspersky Total Security 2020 Free Download With License Serial Key
- Steganos Privacy Suite 19 Free Download With Genuine License Key