Firefox 4 is a major version upgrade for the web browser, and consequently, add-ons, plug-ins or extensions which have not been updated to run properly on Firefox 4 will not be compatible with Firefox 4. Early adopters who have upgrade to Firefox 4 Beta 1, there are in fact a lot of incompatible extensions been detected, and automatically disabled by Firefox 4 Beta.
In fact, some plugins, addons or extensions may be able to continue to work properly in Firefox 4, despite been labeled as incompatible by the web browser. Hopefully, by default Firefox will not allowed any incompatible extension, addon or plugin to be installed or enabled.
Use the trick below to disable and turn off Firefox 4 extensions compatibility check so that incompatible extensions can be installed or enabled.
- In Firefox 4 Beta, type about:config into the address bar, and hit Enter or Go.
- Click on I’ll be careful, I promise! button at the warning prompt.
- Right click on the window, and select New -> Boolean.
- Enter extensions.checkCompatibility.4.0b as the preference name.
- Set its value to False.
- User can now install or re-enable incompatible extensions.
Note: It’s important to understand that not all extension will work perfectly in new version of Firefox, especially when it’s been tagged as incompatible.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Watchdog PC Cleaner 2018 Free Download With Genuine License Serial Keycode
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17738 Official ISO Images Download Link
- Microsoft Released Windows 10 Build 17741 For PC – Here What’s Changes, Fixes, Improvements, and Known Issues
- Microsoft Released Windows 10 Build 17744 For Insiders in Fast Ring for PC – Here What’s Fixes, Changes, Improvements, and Known Issues
- Windows 10 Build 18219 Released – Here’s What’s New, Fixed, and Known Issues