Whether you have downloaded the Windows 7 localization packs (LocalPacks) in ISO, IMG or standalone update package in .CAB format, which is a cabinet file that contains the update package for regional theme, wallpapers, RSS feeds and Favorites links. The .CAB cabinet file for localization customization cannot be installed via desktop GUI of Windows 7, and must be installed with the DISM, a command-line tool for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) consolidates the core image management functions of multiple tools found in the Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) and enables IT professionals to view components of an applied or mounted operating system image and add or remove packages, software updates, and drivers. In order to use DISM to install Windows 7 local packs, follow these steps:
- Extract the .CAB file from the LocalPacks ISO or IMG image. If you are already holding a .CAB cabinet file, skip this step.
- Open a command prompt with administrator’s privileges, and run and execute the following command:
DISM /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:"<drive>:\<path\to>\Windows-LocalPack-<XX>-Package.cab"
Replace parameter in < and > brackets with actual path to the CAB file. For example,
DISM /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:”C:\Users\Windows 7 User\Downloads\Windows-LocalPack-AU-Package.cab”
Note: The file name of the localpack’s cab may be different depending on where you download the file.
For user who needs to install many local packs, it’s possible to automate the installation of the LocalPacks with a batch command script. Save the following text into Notepad and save it as a file named install-localpacks.bat (or download install-localpacks.bat):
For %%A In (*.cab) Do Start /Wait pkgmgr /ip /m:%%A /quiet /norestart
Then, place the install-localpacks.bat into the same folder with all local packs to install. Run install-localpacks.bat as administrator to start the automatic installation of all regional localization packs inside the directory.
Once local packs are installed, user can select them from Personalization of Windows 7. If the regional themes from local packs does not show up in Personalization, use the hack to unlock and show the hidden themes in Windows 7. For end-users who want only the regional wallpapers, it’s possible to download only beautiful and attractive 120 pieces of localized background wallpapers.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18865 (20H1) for Insiders Skip Ahead
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18361 Released Fast ring Insiders – Here’s What’s New Improvements, Fixes, and Known Issues
- DVDFab Blu-ray Copy + Blu-ray Ripper Free Download With License Key Code
- Windows 10 Build 18351 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s Fixes, Changes, Improvements, and Known Issues
- DriverMax Free Download With 1-year Genuine License Serial Key