All shortcut icons in Windows operating system, including Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7, has a small arrow overlay on the icons. The arrow is used to different between a shortcut from an actual physical file itself. The shortcut arrow is presented on all desktop icons, and icons in Windows Explorer, and it can be easily remove or hide.
How to Hide and Remove Shortcut Arrow from Desktop Icons and Other Icons
- Run Registry Editor (RegEdit).
- Navigate to the following registry key:
- Delete the IsShortcut registry value in the right pane.
Tip: It’s also workable to just rename the IsShortcut registry entry to another name, such as IsNotShortcut.
- Some other type of documents and files may be shortcut arrow on their icons too. To remove the shortcut arrow overlay image on these icons, navigate to each of the following registry keys, and then repeat step 2 and step 3 above to deactivate the shortcut arrow:
- Exit from Registry Editor.
- Logout and login again or restart Explorer for the change to take effect.
Note that removing the shortcut arrow with hack
Note : Please note that in some cases deactivating the arrow for *.LNK files might lead to duplicate items in the Explorer context menu, as in essence, removing the “IsShortcut” effectively forces Windows to treat the shortcut as real hard file. In Windows 7, it may also cause error such as unable to pin shortcut to Taskbar or Start Menu. To avoid these issue, use another workaround to remove shortcut arrow.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Ashampoo Backup 2020 Free Download With Full Version License
- DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper Free Download With License Serial Key Giveaway
- PDF Conversa Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost