In Windows 7, once user uses the IsShortcut hack to remove shortcut icon arrow overlay image, the shortcut can no longer been pinned to Windows 7 Taskbar and Start Menu. For Windows 7 user who don’t like the shortcut arrow image to appear on the icon, but yet still want to pin the shortcut to Taskbar or Start Menu, there is a workaround hack to remove and hide the shortcut arrow.
In fact, the following trick, which make the arrow shortcut overlay image transparent through registry, is the proper way to remove and hide the arrow overlay on the icon of shortcut, which is implemented in TweakUI PowerToy for Windows XP too. By using the proper registry hack below to remove the shortcut arrow, user can avoid the double items issue when right clicking on a shortcut (.lnk) file. In Windows 7, user can avoid the problem of unable or cannot pin shortcut item to Taskbar or Start Menu and other related issues.
How to Remove Shortcut Arrow in Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server
Open a command prompt (with administrator rights in Windows Vista and Windows 7), and the run the following command line statement to add the necessary registry key:
REG ADD “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Icons” /v 29 /d %SystemRoot%\System32\shell32.dll,50 /f
Alternatively, download and apply the following registry file, which has the HEX value for Shell Icons which equals to %SystemRoot%\System32\shell32.dll,50
After applying the tweak, download and run the FlushCode.exe to refresh the icon cache.
Important: For user who has previously use the common method (deleting IsShortcut registry value) to remove the arrow on shortcut, restore the IsShortcut registry value first as per instruction used to fix issue related to right click menu items after removing shortcut arrow. Alternatively, copy and paste the following lines of code to a text editor, and then save as a file with .reg extension and run the saved registry file to merge back the value.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Build 18351 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s Fixes, Changes, Improvements, and Known Issues
- DriverMax Free Download With 1-year Genuine License Serial Key
- Windows 10 Build 18342.8 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s New, Fixed and Improvement, and Known Issues
- How To Download Videos in TikTok – Step-By-Step Guide
- Facebook Messenger Dark Mode – How To Enable Facebook Messenger Dark Mode