Mozilla has been all over the news recently due to the launch of its Firefox 4 browser. As officially launched on March 22, Firefox 4 has already achieved 3.57% of browser market share worldwide. The newest version Firefox 4 has added a lot of features such as Firefox Sync that ability to sync browser over multiple devices to create a seamless Web browsing experience. With Firefox Sync, users can take browsing history, bookmarks, tabs, passwords, and form-fill data from desktop to mobile without interruption. If you intent to synchronize Firefox 4 between desktop and mobile, here’s the trick how to Sync Firefox with Android phone.
How to Sync Firefox with Android Phone
- Download Firefox 4 for desktop. Restart Firefox and create a Sync account by going to top menu. Then, go to the Sync tab under Preferences (Mac) or Options (Windows).
- Click Set Up Firefox Sync, and then follow the steps to create a new account by enter the email address and new password.
- Once you have a Sync account, it’s time to connect the devices. Make sure you select “Firefox Sync Server”, that’s the easiest way to sync.
- Save or print the Sync Key Firefox provides and keeps it in a safe place. This will be used to decrypt your encrypted data. Now your syncing account is ready to go.
- Launch Firefox 4 on phone. Swipe to Tools » Preferences and tap on Setup Sync.
- Under Sync, make sure Enable Sync is marked “Yes”. Then tap connect underneath it.
- A single-use Sync code will appear. Then go to the Firefox menu on desktop, select Firefox » Preferences » Sync » add device.
- Enter the code that appeared on your phone and click connect. Your phone’s browser will begin syncing with your computer.
- From the Sync preferences on desktop, users can select which like to sync such as bookmarks, passwords, preferences, history, and tabs.
- Now, you can manually sync at any time by tapping details then Sync Now under preferences on your phone.
Note: Before sync, make sure that Mozilla Firefox 4 have installed in desktop and Firefox 4 for Android on phone.