The start up speed of Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) can be slow sometimes, where running and opening a new instance of IE web browser frame window could take several seconds to complete. Besides, when opening new tab in IE 8, even if it’s a blank tab, the new tab opening process may be slow to frustration too, with “Connecting…” description on Tab bar when launching new tab.
One of the main reason why IE8 browser window and tabs launches slowly is due to myriad of add ons or plug-ins that been installed and loaded by IE browser. To help users to identify what add-ons or plugins that causing Internet Explorer runs slowly, Internet Explorer 8 has included the a load time information for all addons on its interface.
To view the loading time of add-ons, head to Tools -> Manage Add-ons menu in Internet Explorer 8. For most toolbars, add-ons, plugins and extensions, their loading time, which cause the delay of IE startup or tab opening as it’s added on top of normal window frame or tab loading time, is displayed in the column name “Load Time”.
Microsoft not only lists the installed toolbars, plugins and add-ons but also their loading time. This loading time is added on top of the normal tab loading time in Internet Explorer. It is now easy with the tools at hand to analyze the toolbars and plugins that increase the tab and window loading time in Internet Explorer the most and find ways to deal with the situation.
The load time of add-ons is normally in seconds, if it’s in minutes that the add-on should be removed immediately. For add-ons that take too much time and slow to load, it’s possible to disable the toolbar or extension immediately by clicking on Disable button. IE8 will also automatically search for related add-ons and present a choice to disable these related add-ons as well.
The loading time of some plugins and toolbars is not displayed in the manager. Disabling these can also have a positive effect on the tab and window loading times in Internet Explorer.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- PDF Conversa Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements