Windows Defender which previously known as Microsoft AntiSpyware, is free software utility from Microsoft that is designed to prevent, remove and quarantine spyware on Microsoft’s Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Vista operating systems. Windows Defender can be downloaded free from Microsoft Download Center, and currently released as Beta 2. It will be integrated into future versions of Windows Vista, and can be run with all users with or without administrative privileges.
Microsoft has protected Windows Defender from possible software privacy on Windows OS by implementing dual layer of WGA validation check when downloading Windows Defender Beta 2 and during installation of Windows Defender, although many strongly believes that it should be provided free to protect Windows users from harming other Windows users. For suggestion of how to skip the WGA validation to download Windows Defender visit here, or download Windows Defender Beta 2 x86 English version from direct download link or 64-bit English version direct download link here.
After downloading Windows Defender, there is another Windows Genuine Advantage Validation check on your Windows product key. If you’re unable to pass the test to get your copy of Windows validated, you will get the following message:
To install this software, you need to obtain a valid Windows product key. Contact Microsoft Product Support Services using the options provided on the Microsoft Help and Support website.
WGA genuine check is attached to the Windows Defender Windows Installer package. TechTics has found that with Orca, which is a Microsoft utility for modifying and validating Windows Installer .msi packages, and intended for setup authors and administrators that works with the Windows Installer Service, the part for the genuine Windows check can be dropped and disabled. Orca is available in Windows Installer SDK which is part of Windows Server 2003 Platform SDK, and can be download here, or here, here or here for Orca only (shorter download).
- Download Windows Defender.
- Download Orca.
- Install Orca.
- Open WindowsDefender.msi in the Orca.
- In the Orca’s left pane, select InstallExecuteSequence.
- Right click on the Action CHECK_WGA and select Drop Row.
- Click OK to continue.
- Save the Windows Installer .msi file.
- Exit Orca.
- Install Windows Defender.
Alternatively, you may download the patched and fixed version without WGA product key validation (link removed). The trick or the crack should allow you to download updates for Windows Defender too.
Disclaimer: All information on this page is for educational and informational purpose only. Please contact Microsoft if you’re having problem with genuine windows validation or purchase a new license.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Ashampoo Backup 2020 Free Download With Full Version License
- DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper Free Download With License Serial Key Giveaway
- PDF Conversa Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost