Windows Defender, previously known as Microsoft AntiSpyware, has gone gold with the final RTM (Build 1592) version released by Microsoft. Windows Defender is a free program downloaded from Microsoft that helps protect computer against pop-ups, slow performance, and security threats caused by spyware and other malicious software by prevent, remove and quarantine spyware on Microsoft’s Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Vista operating systems. Unlike during beta, Windows 2000 support has been dropped. Windows Defender features real-time protection, thorough spyware removal technology, integration with IE to scan downloads, scheduled scanning and removal, and Software Explorer to allows users to discover potential vulnerabilities themselves. Although Windows Defender is free, Microsoft does provide support with 2 free support incidents for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 users.
Windows Defender (Build 1592) is available as free download from Microsoft Download Center. The download is available to customers running genuine Microsoft Windows, and Windows validation is required. It’s possible also to download Windows Defender from the following direct download URL, which is useful if you unable to pass or validate during the process of WGA Microsoft Genuine validation check.
During installation, there is another layer of Microsoft Genuine Advantage Validation to verify whether the Windows in which the Windows Defender is going to be installed is genuine or not. Even if you patched your LegitCheckControl.dll, the validation may still fail, as WGA check library has been embedded into the MSI as a binary module, as shown in photo below. However, you can still install Windows Defender final version by using the similar trick and crack that used to install Windows Defender Betas to bypass and disable genuine Windows validation test (WGA process) or quiet mode (silent install without any user interaction) feature of Windows Defender.
To silently install the Windows Defender without any user interaction, just append the following switch -qr to the Windows Defender setup command in Run of Start Menu or command prompt. The r switch option will run the Defender setup in reduced UI (user interface) level, eliminating any need to validate the Windows.
- Download Windows Defender from the above link, and save it to a convenient location (For example below, we use C:\ drive).
- Go to Start -> Run.
- Key in the full path to your Windows Defender setup file including the name of the setup file (e.g. C:\WindowsDefender.msi if the MSI installer is located in C:\ drive).
- Append and add the -qr to the end of the line. The complete command will look like this:C:\WindowsDefender.msi -qr
- Press Enter or Click OK.
- Wait for Windows Defender installation to complete.
If you prefer to use command prompt, just change directory (cd) to C:\ (or any other folder where you save the Windows Defender .msi setup package), and type “WindowsDefender.msi -qr”.
There are other few ways to bypass and disable WGA check to install Windows Defender, all involves different values or keys to change in the Windows Defender installer MSI package.
- Download Windows Defender from link above.
- Download Orca, a MSI packages and ISM project files editor.
- Install Orca.
- Open WindowsDefender.msi in the Orca.
- In the Orca’s left pane, select the “CustomAction”.
- Right click on the Action CHECK_WGA and select Drop Row.
- In the left pane again, select the “Dialog”.
- Modify the Attribute for the dialog “CheckWGA” from 2 to 0.
- Save the .msi package, do not use Save As… function to save.
- Close Orca and run the Windows Defender installer.
Alternatively, replace the step 5 to 8 with the following steps to modify other values of WindowsDefender.msi (contributed by Alex).
- In the left pane, select ControlEvent table.
- Select CheckWGA.
- Modify the Argument column of the first and second CheckWGA Dialogs to “LicenseAgreement”.
or change the following value to skip the WGA page completely, and go straight to the license agreement page during installation of Windows Defender (contributed by Chris).
- Open the ControlEvent table.
- Select the InstallWelcome dialog.
- Change the argument that has the event CheckWGA to LicenseAgreement.
Explanation of the Orca .MSI de-assembler modification
As seen in the above photo, after you open the Windows Defender MSI installer in Orca, you will see the following column header, namely Dialog, Control, Event, Argument and Condition. It basically means if you are at the situation as described in ‘Dialog’, and then press button named in ‘Control’, a new ‘Event’ will trigger with input from ‘Argument’ if the conditions specified in ‘Condition’ field are satisfied.
As seen in image above on a few entries on CheckWGA, the first line with conditions of ((LegitCheckResult = “0”) && (LegitCheckResult = “6”)) which mean if you passed WGA validation, LicenseAgreement will be shown. The second highlighted line with condition of ((LegitCheckResult <> “0”) && (LegitCheckResult <> “6”)) which handle failed WGA check, will trigger SetupCompleteWGAError new dialog when you press the Next button. So to hack the WGA check built-in in Windows Defender, simply change the simply change ‘SetupCompleteWGAError’ to ‘LicenseAgreement’, so that the installer will prompt you to accept the license agreement instead of stopping you from continuing installing Windows Defender.
If you want to save the trouble to install Orca and modify so many things, just download the patched and fixed version of Windows Defender x86 and Windows Defender x64 (downloads removed due to complaint from Microsoft) installer setup file, and simply execute the file to start the setup.
New and update release of Windows Defender build 1593 can be installed by following the above method too. Download the cracked or patched installer of Windows Defender v1593 (download link removed due to complaint from Microsoft).
Disclaimer: All information on this page is for educational and informational purpose only. Please contact Microsoft if you’re having problem with genuine windows validation or purchase a new Windows license.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- How To Download HBO Shows On iPhone, iPad Through Apple TV App
- Norton 360 Free Download With License Serial Key
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19025 (20H1) for PC Official Available for Insiders in Fast Ring – Here’s What’s News, Fixes, and Enhancement Changelog
- Kaspersky Total Security 2020 Free Download With License Serial Key
- Steganos Privacy Suite 19 Free Download With Genuine License Key