The provider of innovative technology solutions that enable convergence through connectivity on the road, in the office and at home, IOGEAR has announced its new 2-Port USB 2.0 Printer Auto Sharing Switch and 4-Port USB Net ShareStation, aiming to reduce hardware purchases by allowing users to share computing devices.
Key Features Of 2-Port USB 2.0 Printer Auto Sharing Switch:
- Automatically switch between 2 computers (PC and/or Mac) when connecting to a USB printer
- Includes easy-to-use software interface for Windows and Mac users
- Active-port LED indicators to show which computer has USB access
- Easily share a USB device without network
- USB 2.0 – High speed support and USB 1.1 backward compatible
- Bus Powered – No external power source needed
“As a consumer electronics leader, we continue to launch products that facilitate connectivity and sharing. We believe these types of solutions will become even more popular this year as individuals and businesses look for ways to maximize resources and minimize spending,” said Miranda Su, IOGEAR executive vice president. “These newest additions to our Desktop and Networking product families help organizations reduce physical and financial waste.”
Main Features Of 4-Port USB Net ShareStation:
- Share up to 4 USB devices such as portable hard drives, printers and scanners through a home or office network
- Wirelessly access USB devices without USB cable clutter
- Works with all wired and wireless routers ; supported protocols: LPR/LPD, DHCP, UPnP, WSD
- Supports USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 devices
- Supports Windows Vista Rally Technologies to simplify the setup and maintenance of network-connected devices
The new IOGEAR 2-Port USB 2.0 Printer Auto Sharing Switch that compatible with Windows 2000, XP and Vista as well as Mac OS X 10.3.9 or greater is now available for about $40, while the 4-Port USB Net ShareStation that compatible with Windows 2000, XP and Vista is expected to hit the market by March 2009 for about $100.