Apple has released firmware software upgrade version 2.2 for iPhone, iPhone 3G and iPod Touch with a bunch of new features, enhancements and bug fixes. iPhone and iPod Touch owners can connect and dock the device with iTunes installed computer to upgrade automatically, or download the .ipsw firmware file for manual updating.
- iPhone 3G firmware software v2.2: iPhone1,2_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipsw
- iPhone (2G) firmware software 2.2: iPhone1,1_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipsw
- iPod Touch 2nd Generation OS 2.2: iPod2,1_2.2_5G77a_Restore.ipsw
- iPod Touch 1st Generation OS 2.2: iPod1,1_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipsw (protected depends on versions)
To update to firmware OS 2.2, just do the following:
- Connect and dock iPhone or iPod to computer, and launch iTunes.
- Click Update, and then choose the firmware v2.2 IPSW file downloaded.
- Let iTunes upgrade the device.
Update: iPhone and iPod Touch software update 2.2.1 available for free download.