One of the leading global manufacturers of premium audio solutions for home, personal and commercial use, Klipsch has announced the release of its new Image S2m in-ear headset, which features a compact in-line microphone that allows users to answer or end calls with the touch of a button, delivering strikingly realistic sound thanks to the customized 5.8mm moving coil driver per channel.
“Not only do you get our stunningly precise sound and stellar comfort with the S2m, this affordable headset simplifies busy on-the-go lifestyles—you can take calls while commuting or exercising without skipping a beat,” said Don Inmon, director of marketing and product development for personal audio, Klipsch . “And with Wi-Fi access, you can even use the S2m to place free Skype calls—a really great benefit for iPhone and iPod touch users.”
Highlights of Klipsch Image S2m:
- Compatible with virtually all mobile phones that incorporate a 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Durable, integrated strain relief at every cable connection point to help prevent wire damage
- Precise, comfortable fit for long-term wear thanks to the exclusive oval ear tips that naturally fit the contours of the ear canals
- Integrated button also lets users track forward/track back as well as play/pause songs on Apple’s iPod classic 120GB, iPod nano 4th generation (video), iPod touch 2nd generation, iPod shuffle 3rd generation as well as iPhone 3G S
- Amazing intelligibility easily picks up users’ voice without having to talk directly into it
- Superior noise-isolation design dramatically reduces background noise
“Once you have the right fit and seal, these headsets are virtually impossible to feel,” said Mark Blanchard, senior acoustic design engineer for Klipsch and inventor of the company’s oval ear tips.”When we began studying three-dimensional ear impressions, it was discovered that nearly everyone has an oval-shaped ear canal. We couldn’t believe that no one else had yet considered the anatomical shape of the ear canal when designing in-ear headphones.”
The new Skype-compatible Klipsch Image S2m in-ear headset that available in piano black finish is expected to be available this month for around $60.