The global leading developer of network- and multimedia-centric computer products, LaCie has announced the launch of its new ultra-rugged USB thumb key that is crafted to deliver industrial-strength, ultimate protection for your important, precious data, named as LaCie XtremKey, which the company claims as the world’s most adventurous USB flash drive, encased in a super strong military-grade (zamac constuction) metal pipe casing to resist the harshest environment.
Highlights Of LaCie XtremKey:
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 offers up to 30 Mb/s writing speeds and up to 40 Mb/s reading speeds
- Watertight up to 100 meters thanks to XtremKey’s wear-resistant screw threads complemented with rubber O-ring
- Survive drops from up to 5 meters
- Resists pressure of a 10-ton truck
- Temperature proof up to +200°C / down to -50°C
“The XtremKey offers extreme durability and capacity in a convenient, well-protected and fun form factor,” commented Alexis Kobassian, Product Manager for LaCie. “Despite the robust, industrial-strength protection we’ve added, it’s still a LaCie key that brings ease-of-use and reliability to customers looking to keep their data secure while on the go.”
LaCie XtremKey which measures just less than 3 inches tall will be offered in capacities from 8GB – 64GB, expected to hit the market in coming August for a starting price of $49.99 (8GB model).
Watch the promo video for new LaCie XtremKey USB thumb drive below: