Microsoft has announced the release of the Release Candidate (RC) test build of Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 to users who are willing to test it. Testers who are keen to have a glance to this RC (build number 6002.1667.090130) can download it via Windows Update either as a standalone installer or as a slipstreamed version for selected languages, e.g. English, Spanish, German, French, and Japanese. Microsoft has highlighted this RC is not mean for public users but testers only. Public users are advised to wait for the final release which is speculated will arrive in April.
Microsoft doesn’t disclose much on the information about this RC. The company’s official statement has highlighted:
“Microsoft distributed notification of an update to Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 SP2 testers in an effort to gain additional feedback. We continuously engage with our partners and testers on the development of service packs and we will track customer and partner feedback from the beta program before setting a final date for distribution. We will have more to share on Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 SP2 soon and are targeting final delivery in Q2 2009.”
It’s now possible to download the standalone installer for Windows Vista SP2 and Windows Server 2008 SP2. Previously, the Windows Vista SP2 and Windows Server 2008 RC-Escrow, which is of slightly earlier build, has been leaked to Internet.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Ashampoo Backup 2020 Free Download With Full Version License
- DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper Free Download With License Serial Key Giveaway
- PDF Conversa Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost