The leading maker of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc. has announced the launch of its first ever LED-backlit desktop monitor – 22″ NEC MultiSync EA222WMe, which is designed to enhance desktop computing with bar-setting, eco-friendly benefits, targeting at business, education, government and healthcare markets.
Features and specifications of NEC’s MultiSync EA222WMe:
- 22-inch (16:10) widescreen display with W-LED backlight technology
- 1680 x 1050 native resolution; 30,000 dynamic contrast ratio; 250 cd/m² brightness
- Built-in, down-firing multimedia speakers deliver quality sound
- 3-step ambient light sensor for automatic brightness adjustment
- 4-way full ergonomic stand with 110mm height-adjust, tilt, swivel and pivot capabilities
- Full connectivity with VGA, DVI, USB and DisplayPort inputs
- ENERGY STAR 5.0, TCO 5.0 and EPEAT Gold compliance
- Resettable cost meter and carbon footprint meter track electricity and carbon savings, respectively
- Energy conservation is paramount with ECO Mode, Intelligent Power Manager (IPM) system, off-timer and vacation switch
“The combination of these green technologies in the MultiSync EA222WMe points to the future of where the LCD industry is headed,” said Lynn Gu, Product Manager of NEC Display Solutions. “LED backlight structure has improved tremendously along with cost reduction, and the adoption of the LED backlight technology will continue to accelerate over the next few years.”
The new NEC MultiSync EA222WMe LCD monitor which measures 507.8 x 382 x 220mm (with stand) and weighs in at 7kg (with stand) is expected to be available this month for an estimated street price of $339.