The world’s leading designer and maker of display panels, NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc. has announced the launch of its new 23-inch 16:9 widescreen LCD monitor with 1920×1080 HD resolution – NEC MultiSync EA231WMi, which NEC claims as their first desktop display to exhibit DisplayPort technology, aiming to deliver a diverse amount of additional input connectors.
“Our innovative 23-inch product offers a variety of new technologies to our desktop line, bringing the best features available to our customers and achieving the highest standards for ergonomics and environmental friendliness,” said Lynn Gu, Product Manager of NEC Display Solutions. “The EA231WMi is a ‘green display’ that utilizes several features for the user’s advantage, creating settings that lengthen the display’s life and working cohesively with any environment in which it is placed.”
Key features of NEC MultiSync EA231WMi:
- One-touch button ECO Mode for significant power consumption savings
- Ambient light sensor for automatic brightness control
- 4-way ergonomic stand with 110mm height adjust, pivot, tilt and swivel
- Carbon footprint meter to track carbon saving
- DisplayPort, VGA and DVI connectivity
- 270cd/m2 brightness, 1000:1 contrast ratio and 14ms response time
- EPEAT Gold compliance, Energy Star 5.0 and TCO 5.0
- New cabinet design with intuitive, multi-directional NaViKey
- Space-saving, down-firing multimedia speakers with headphone jack
- Dynamic Video Mode with 5 presets for real-time optimization of image quality
The new NEC MultiSync EA231WMi LCD monitor that incorporates built-in 4-port USB 2.0 hub and carrying handle is expected to be available later this month for about $380.