The world’s most valuable and innovative audio brand, Altec Lansing has announced the availability of its first wearable stereo Bluetooth products – Backbeat 906 and 903 Stereo Bluetooth headphones, which incorporate OpenMic technology that allows the users to instantly hear their surroundings without removing the headphones, aiming to provide greater convenience and safety during exercising.
The BackBeat 906 includes a stereo 2.0 Bluetooth adaptor for your iPhone, iPod, MP3 or other audio device via standard 3.5mm jack, while the BackBeat 903 consists of the headphones only, which specifically designed for use with Bluetooth enabled MP3 players and stereo Bluetooth enabled mobile phones.
“With consumers so accustomed to MP3 capabilities in their mobile phones these days, the time is perfect for Altec Lansing to combine our legendary audio expertise with the convenience of Bluetooth,” said Bernice Cramer, vice president of marketing and product management for Altec Lansing. “The BackBeat 906 is brimming with smartphone-friendly extras – it’s comfortable, simple and supports multiple voice features – but particularly shines when listening to music.”
Impressive highlights of Altec Lansing’s Backbeat 906 and BackBeat 903:
- OpenMic technology that allows users to ‘open’ the microphone audio to their surroundings at the touch of a button
- Plantronics Dual-Mic AudioIQ technology to separate voice from noise for audio clarity during calls
- Altec Lansing’s new BassBoost technology delivering an exceptionally rich audio experience
- Wirelessly stream and control music as you walk, run, work or play
- Personalize your fit with telescoping and swivel adjustments
- Easily store this flexible design in your pocket or bag
- Integrated Bluetooth v2.1 with EDR and support profiles including Hands-Free, Headset, A2DP and AVRC for wireless call and music control capability
- Talk/music playback time: Up to 7 hours ; Standby time: Up to 8 days
According to the company, “Altec Lansing’s BackBeat Bluetooth headphones are designed with a soft neckband to fold easily for quick storage in pockets or bags. They also feature pivoting, telescoping earpieces for a customized, secure fit. The comfortable in-ear design includes contoured, soft silicone tips that rest gently within the curve of the ear. Phone and music controls are intuitively spaced and have a tactile feel for easy use. All materials are sweat-resistant and highly durable.”
The new Altec Lansing BackBeat 906 and BackBeat 903 Stereo Bluetooth headphones that weight about 34g are expected to be available by late February 2009 for about $130 and $100, respectively.