Apple has released the new iPod touch (3rd generation) lineup, which the company described as the great pocket computer that lets users surf Internet, do email, manage their calendars, organize contacts, as well as enjoy popular social networking sites like Facebook, Youtube and Twitter, featuring 3.5″ widescreen glass display, revolutionary Multi-Touch user interface, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, advanced Safari web browser and Maps location based service.
According to Apple, the new 32GB and 64GB iPod touch models that bundled with the Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic also include up to 50% faster performance and support for even better graphics with Open GL ES 2.0 – just like iPhone 3GS.
Key Features Of New iPod Touch (Third Generation):
- 3.5-inch widescreen Multi-Touch display with 480 x 320 pixel resolution
- Voice Control on the new 32GB and 64GB iPod touch gives users an ability to control music playback with spoken commands
- Voice Memos let users record any audio they want using Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic or an external mic
- Comes with latest iPhone 3.1 software, including Cut, Copy and Paste; Spotlight Search to search across iPod touch or within Mail, Contacts, Calendar and iPod; landscape keyboard for Mail, Notes and Safari; remote lock for MobileMe and anti-phishing features
- Powerful Genius Mixes automatically searches your iTunes library to find songs that sound great together
- Genius Playlists finds other songs on your iPod touch that sound great with the one you were listening to and makes a Genius playlist for you
- Shake to Shuffle and Cover Flow
- Built-in accelerometer and speaker
- Built-in support for Nike + iPod
- Award-winning Safari web browser lets users surf the web like no other pocket-size device
- Customized Home screens make your iPod touch really unique
- Supports up to 30 hours of music playback or 6 hours of video playback on a single charge
- Dimensions: 4.3 (H) x 2.4 (W) x 0.33 (D) inches ; Weight: 4.05 ounces
“At just $199 the iPod touch is the most affordable gateway to Apple’s revolutionary App Store with more than 75,000 applications that you can wirelessly download right into your iPod touch,” said Philip Schiller, senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing, Apple. “You get a great iPod, a great pocket computer with the industry’s best mobile web browser and a great game player, all in this super-thin beautiful enclosure.”
The new iPod touch (third generation) that arrives in 8GB, 32GB and 64GB model are available now for $199, $299 and $399, respectively.
Update: iPod touch 4G