The hardware company specializing in lightweight headsets, Plantronics has announced the availability of its new GameCom 777 Surround Sound Gaming Headset, which features Dolby Headphone technology that enables users to play PC games, listen to music as well as watch movies with dramatic virtual 5.1 surround sound effects, aiming to create a realistic, cinematic game-play experience for PC games.
“Over the past 18 months, we have immersed ourselves in the gaming community to understand their unique headset needs,” said Renee Niemi, general manager and vice president, Mobile & Entertainment for Plantronics. “We observed that they want a rugged, comfortable headset with the best sound available to improve competitive game play. The GameCom 777 delivers on these requirements by uniting Dolby digital surround sound with a durable, unique headset design that has been tuned for gamers.”
Impressive Highlights Of Plantronics GameCom 777 Surround Sound Gaming Headset:
- Dolby Headphone Technology delivering 5-channel audio experience.
- Plug-and-play Dolby USB sound card (Dolby Headphone and Dolby Pro Logic II technologies) is the only way to get the 5.1 experience. If needed, an analog connection is also provided.
- Open-ear design keeps you connected to the game and your surroundings.
- Concealed mic boom stays hidden until you’re ready to use it.
- In-line volume and mic-mute controls allow for easy audio adjustment.
- Noise-canceling microphone lets you communicate clearly.
- Rugged, military-grade design and extra-strength cables make your hardware hardcore.
“Dolby surround sound is a great way to bring more excitement and realism to gaming sessions,” said Matt Tullis, Senior Manager, Games Market Segment, Dolby Laboratories. “And for gamers who play into the night, Dolby Headphone technology is designed to relieve the discomfort and fatigue that comes with extended headphone use.”
According to the company, “Alongside the GameCom 777, Plantronics is introducing two analog PC headsets — the GameCom 367 and GameCom 377 PC headsets. All three GameCom headsets are built of lightweight materials and feature specialized earpods to redistribute pressure for maximum comfort.”
The new Plantronics GameCom 777 Surround Sound Gaming Headset is expected to hit the market in coming September for about $100.