Sony has announced the release of its new Sony S Series Walkman Video MP3 player, which features high-performance integrated stereo speakers for unique user experience, carrying on Sony’s legacy of superior audio quality – both inside and out.
“By outfitting this Walkman with internal speakers, we feel that we are adding a new social element to the world of digital music and video,” said Katie O’Brien, manager of the Walkman business at Sony. “Consumers now have a fast, simple and easy solution for sharing their personal music and video library with others.”
Features Of Sony S Series Walkman:
- Bright, high-contrast 2.4-inch QVGA (320 x 240 pixels resolution) LCD display
- Ultra-quick response time with smooth playback at up to 30 frames per second
- Unique ‘Clear Audio’ and ‘Digital Linear Phase Speaker System’ technologies
- Voice recording and FM recording capabilities
- Long battery life supports up to 42 hours of music playback or up to 6.5 hours of video playback (through headphones)
- Supports up to 17 hours of music playback or up to 5 hours of video playback (through speaker output)
- Supports wide variety of codecs including MP3, WMA(DRM), AAC(non DRM), Linear PCM, AVC (H.264/AVC) Baseline Profile, MPEG-4, WMV(DRM) and JPEG photo format
- Available in black, red, violet and pink colors
- Dimensions: 49.3 x 99.3 x 10.2 mm ; Weigh: 68g
According to Sony, “Importing music, video and photos is quick and easy, with simple drag-and-drop from your compatible PC’s media folder or via iTunes 8.1 using Content Transfer.”
The new stylish Sony S Series Walkman PMP that available in two variants of memory capacities – 8GB and 16GB, are slated to hit the market in coming September for approximately $110 and $130, respectively.