The global leading maker of gaming peripherals and accessories, SteelSeries has announced the upcoming launch of its new mechanical gaming keyboard at CeBIT 2010 – SteelSeries 6Gv2, which modeled after SteelSeries 7G. SteelSeries 6Gv2 comes equipped with 18K gold-plated mechanical switches and USB connectors, offering quicker response times and advanced key combinations aimed for more Actions Per Minute.
“We’ve been watching professional teams such as Fnatic, SK Gaming, Evil Geniuses and others win grand slam tournaments with the 7G as their weapon of choice and have seen it recognized as one of the most impressive performance keyboards on the gaming market,” commented Bruce Hawver, CEO of SteelSeries. “Keeping that rockstar mentality, we designed the slimmed down SteelSeries 6Gv2 to pack the same punch without compromising response time, durability or performance.”
Features of SteelSeries 6Gv2:
- 18-karat gold-plated mechanical switches
- Powerful buffer-system supports as many simultaneous key presses as there are keys on the keyboard
- Anti-ghosting allows users in first person shooter games to move, crouch, aim, fire and even check the scoreboard at the same time
- SteelSeries Media Controls for quick access to volume, mute and other audio controls
- Impressive switch lifecycle of 50 million keystrokes
The new SteelSeries 6Gv2 gaming keyboard is expected to be available soon for around $100.