Windows 7 (formerly codenamed Blackcomb and Vienna) is the successor to Windows Vista operating system and the next version of Microsoft Windows. Microsoft has officially given the new OS with the name of Windows 7 (Seven), which will feature NT kernel version 6.1 or 7.0. Windows 7 is scheduled to be released sometimes around second half of 2009 or January 2010, and Microsoft is gearing up with the impending beta release early 2009.
With the soon-to-arrive Windows 7, Microsoft has officially launched Windows 7 homepage on microsoft.com, although there is nothing much information available for Windows 7 yet. The homepage only briefly introduces the next generation operating system as quoted below. Instead, customers who want more information are encouraged to read and subscribe to Windows Team blog or Windows 7 Engineering blog.
It’s the next version of Windows for PCs, and it’s the result of working hand-in-hand with our partners and with people who use Windows in the real world every day. We’re paying particular attention to the things they’re telling us are important to them and will make their PCs work the way they want them to—things like enhanced reliability, responsiveness, and faster boot and shut-down. We’re also trying to make their everyday tasks easier, like connecting and syncing devices, browsing the web, and managing a home network.
Of course, we’re also working on new capabilities, so people will be able to do things with Windows 7 that were difficult (or perhaps impossible) to do with PCs before. Finally, we’re working hard to ensure that Windows 7 will run on any PC and work with any program that works today with Windows Vista, so upgrading from Windows Vista will be easy.
Instead, a hidden and hard-to-find Windows 7: Pre-release privacy supplement provides more insight into features of Windows 7. The list includes activation (who would hope it’s gone?), audit, BitLocker Drive Encryption, Crypto API Diagnostics, Device Information Retrieval, Device Manager, Driver Protection, Dynamic Update, Ease of Access Center, Event Viewer, Fax, File Association Web Service, Gadgets, Games Folder, Handwriting Recognition (Available only on Tablet PCs), HomeGroup, Input Method Editor (IME), Installation Improvement Program, Internet Printing, Microsoft Error Reporting Service, Network Awareness, Online Print Ordering Wizard, Parental Controls, People Near Me, Plug and Play, Plug and Play Extensions, Program Compatibility Assistant, Program Properties Compatibility Tab, Properties, Remote Access Connections, Remote Desktop Connection, Rights Management Services Client, Teredo Technology, Trusted Platform Module Services, Update Root Certificates, UPnP Technology, Windows Anytime Upgrade, Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program, Windows Defender, Windows Feedback Tool, Windows Help, Windows ReadyBoost, Windows Remote Assistance, Windows Speech Recognition, Windows Time Service and Windows Troubleshooting.
More features can be seen in the Microsoft keynote presentation of Windows 7 video during the PDC. To many Windows Vista users, top on their mind is probably stability, compatibility and ease of use. Let’s see what Microsoft can comes out with. Windows enthusiasts who keen to find out and try out the new Windows 7 can now download Windows 7 pre-beta build version 6801.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18234 Released to Insider in Fast ring for PC – Here’s What’s New Improvements, Fixes, and Known Issues
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17755 What’s New, Fixed and Known issues for PCs
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17751 for PC Released – Here What’s Full Details of Changes
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17744 Official ISO Images Download Link
- Watchdog PC Cleaner 2018 Free Download With Genuine License Serial Keycode