Palm has released over-the-air update Palm webOS version 1.0.3 for Palm Pre user on June 19, 2009. The download costs around 13MB of data size. Changes are minimal, but the update brings a number of feature enhancements to the Palm Pre. However, there is no new applications in update 1.0.3.
Palm has posted a full feature changes (aka changelog) to existing application contained in WebOS 1.0.3 on its support site, as shown below.
- Synchronisation can now be done with events created in your Google calendar (in both Calendar on your phone or in Google online) that contain a symbol or accented character. Previously, event with a symbol or accented character in an event name prevented the event from synchronizing.
- Google events on the phone can now sync with Google online within a few minutes.
- The sync interval for Google events has been decreased from every few hours to every 15 minutes.
- If you create a weekday alarm on a weekend, the alarm sounds only on weekdays. Previously the alarm would sound on the weekend also.
- Google contacts on the phone can now sync with Google online within a few minutes.
- The sync interval for Google contacts has been decreased from every few hours to every 15 minutes.
- Power performance in areas where wireless coverage is sporadic or unavailable has been enhanced.
- Non-SSL Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) mail servers are now supported.
- Miscellaneous updates for Email, Phone, and other applications.
Update: Palm webOS 1.1.0 which fixes iTunes sync issue.