Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) is having a rendering issue or scripting error on some web pages that you visit? Now you can contribute to the development of IE web browser, or at least to let your frustration or anger known by someone. Microsoft is providing a Report a Webpage Problem Internet Explorer Add-on which allows the user to submit a report to Microsoft for webpages they believe are having rendering problems, scripting errors, or various other types of problems in IE8.
After installation of the plugin, restart IE 8 web browser. Once installed, the Report a Webpage Problem Internet Explorer Add-on appears as a toolbar button and a Report a Webpage Problem… item on the Tools menu. In order to submit a problematic website to Microsoft, click on the toolbar button or choose the menu item. The add-on ActiveX control will then take a screenshot of the web page currently being viewed, and open a new tab with a report submission form. A scaled down version of the screenshot will be visible at the bottom. User can decide whether or not to include the full-sized screenshot. Choosing No to the “Include Screenshot?” question means no screenshot will be sent. User can also select a category best representing their observed problem, and able to type a 1000 character limit comment in the text field provided.
Additional data included in the report sent to Microsoft including:
- The protocol type (http, res, file, etc.) of the URL being reported.
- The complete URL.
- A numerical value representing the Document mode.
In Windows Vista with IE running in protected mode, user must allow Microsoft Applications Error Reporting to open outside protected mode to continue submission process. The Report a Webpage Problem Internet Explorer 8 Add-On will be available for a limited time after Internet Explorer 8 RTM, and may be removed from Microsoft Download Center at any time.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links