Samsung has officially introduced its new, first-ever Android-powered portable smart player, named as Samsung Galaxy S WiFi, which the South-Korean consumer electronics giant promises to deliver smartphone-like innovation and app experience, available in 2 variants of model – Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 4.0 (4-inch touchscreen and 1200 mAh battery) and Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 5.0 (5-inch touchscreen and 2500 mAh battery).
“The Samsung GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 is the perfect product for multimedia enthusiasts who pursue the new trend of smart experience,” commented JK Shin, President and Head for Samsung’s Mobile Communications Business. “There is a huge demand for access to applications and rich multimedia on the go. With the Samsung GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 we have created a device that delivers a Samsung GALAXY S Smartphone-like app experience and stunning entertainment features at a reasonable price.”
Key features and specs of Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 4.0 & 5.0 PMP:
- Advanced 1 GHz Hummingbird processor
- Large, vivid SuperClear LCD display with 800×480 pixels resolution
- 3.2-megapixel autofocus camera plus front-facing VGA camera
- DivX HD support for hi-def video playback
- Crystal-clear sound quality thanks to Samsung SoundAlive technology
- Built-in GPS, MicroSD card slot, accelerometer and digital compass
- Bluetooth 3.0 and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n connectivity
- Based on Google Android 2.2 Froyo platform (upgradeable to Android 2.3)
- Pre-loaded with Skype and Qik Plus VoIP
Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 4.0 will be available in 3 variants of internal memory storage – 8GB, 16GB and 32GB, while Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 5.0 is offered in 8GB or 16GB model.