The well-known worldwide leader in flash memory cards, SanDisk Corporation has announced its new SanDisk Extreme Pro CompactFlash memory cards, which feature an advanced memory controller – SanDisk Power Core Controller, to enable lightning-fast read and write speeds of up to 90MB/s (600x), allowing for more continuous burst shooting and get the most out of your professional D-SLR camera.
“The new SanDisk Extreme Pro CompactFlash line is the direct result of SanDisk’s passion, commitment, and break-through engineering innovation to provide best-in-class flash memory cards for professional photography,” said Eric Bone, vice president, retail product marketing, SanDisk. “The SanDisk Power Core Controller delivers unmatched write speed and reliability, providing photographers with a spectacular combination of performance, capacity and peace of mind that images are safely stored.”
Highlights Of SanDisk Extreme Pro CompactFlash Memory Card:
- SanDisk Power Core Controller’s dual-lane architecture and software algorithms double card performance, enabling read/write speeds of up to 90MB/s over a UDMA-6 bus
- SanDisk Power Core Controller’s firmware algorithms and 42-bit ECC engine maintain data integrity as well as extended card endurance through optimized wear leveling
- SanDisk Power Core Controller features an integrated simplified design to further increase overall card durability
- Faster read and write speeds give more opportunities to capture the winning shot and less time spent offloading gigabytes of photos afterwards
- RTV Silicone coating for added protection against moisture and humidity
- Withstands accidental drops of up to 9 feet
- Guarantee operation at extended temperatures ranging from -25°C to 85°C (-13°F to 185°F)
SanDisk Extreme Pro CompactFlash memory cards that offered in 16GB, 32GB, 64GB models are now available with MSRP ranging from around $300 to $800. In addition, SanDisk also announced new SanDisk Extreme CompactFlash cards at enhanced performance of previous SanDisk Extreme III CompactFlash cards – 60MB/s of read/write speed (400x), available in memory capacities of 8GB to 32GB with prices ranging from approximately $130 to $375.