Sony has announced the launch of its new innovative networked products – Sony dash Personal Internet Viewer, which provides users an instant access to more than 1,000 free Internet applications, including news, calendars, weather, traffic, sports, Internet radio, social networking, movies, music and more apps, utilizing an existing home wireless connection thanks to its Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g connectivity.
“In today’s connected world, Sony continues to look for ways to help enhance consumers’ entertainment experiences throughout the home,” said Brennan Mullin, senior vice president for personal imaging and audio business at Sony Electronics. “dash empowers consumers with a fun, interactive way to stay connected with their news, entertainment, interests and ultimately, their lives.”
Key Features Of Sony Dash Personal Internet Viewer:
- Quick, easy setup to connect to your existing wireless network
- Streams web content you specify through Internet apps without distraction of a PC
- 7-inch WVGA (800 x 480 pixels) capacitive touchscreen with gesture support
- Customizable home screen to fit your own personal needs and style
- Easy-to-use clock and alarms functionality
- Access a number of video services for online music and viral videos
- Conveniently loads and displays your photos from online sharing services such as Photobucket
- Exclusive access to Sony content including movie trailers, minisodes, music videos, game trailers and the latest deals from SonyStyle.com
- Run multiple sources of content simultaneously for added convenient
- Built-in accelerometer supports vertical flip that allowes for two optional viewing angles – upright and tilted
- USB 2.0 interface for simple connection to a variety of external electronic devices
According to Sony, “By bundling favorite pieces of the Internet together, dash provides always fresh, personalized content at a glance. The new product offers free access to all apps from Chumby Industries, Inc. as well as the robust audio and video content from Sony’s Bravia Internet video platform, including YouTube, Pandora Internet radio, Epicurious, Crackle, Livestrong, Blip.tv and much more.”
The new compact, elegant Sony dash Personal Internet Viewer that features two built-in stereo speakers (8 Ohms) and headphone jack is scheduled to be available through www.sonystyle.com, Sony Style retail stores and authorized dealers for about $199 beginning April 2010.