The Japanese consumer electronics giant, Sony has introduced its new MDR-NC500D, which the company claims as the world’s first digital noise cancelling headphones, promising to eliminate roughly 99% of ambient noise and also deliver superb digital quality sound.
Key Features Of Sony MDR-NC500D:
- Up to 99% ambient noise reduction at 160Hz
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) noise canceling with automatic selection between three different environment modes
- Internal Lithium-ion battery for up to 16 hours of use in addition to normal AA batteries which can be used as well and would allow for a joint 28 hours of use
- Monitor switch allows you to temporarily hear surrounding sounds without removing the headphones
- Headphone speakers swivel flat for easy packing and come with a deluxe storage case – the perfect solution for travellers
The new Sony MDR-NC500D headset which weighs 195g is expected to be available soon for about $400.