Sony has announced its new W-series networked BRAVIA economic HDTVs – 52″ KDL-52W5100, 46″ KDL-46W5100 and 40″ KDL-40W5100, which incorporate an Ethernet ports so the HDTVs can directly access Sony BRAVIA Internet Video content through existing broadband connection, offering free and premium movies, TV shows, sports, music and more from array of partners including Amazon Video On Demand, YouTube, Yahoo!, Sony Pictures and Sony Music.
According to Sony, “BRAVIA Internet Widgets, provided by the Yahoo! Widget Engine, expand and personalize the experience by allowing you to interact with your favorite Internet content like Yahoo News, Video, Finance, and Flickr while watching TV shows. Track your favorite sports team, check your stocks, and share photos with friends and family as you watch television.”
Key Features Of The Sony BRAVIA W5100 Series:
- Full HD 1080p (1920 x 1080 pixels) progressive resolution
- Motionflow 120Hz technology improves sharpness and detail in fast-moving images
- Sony’s BRAVIA Engine 3 delivers crystal clear picture even if the content isn’t perfect
- 24p True Cinema
- XrossMediaBar (XMB) with enhanced 3D favorites menu
- Internet powered TV Guide Onscreen
- BRAVIA Sync
- BRAVIA Link Compatibility
- 4 HDMI, 1 PC, 1 component, 1 composite, 1 S-video and 1 USB inputs
- Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) compliant
The new Sony BRAVIA KDL-52W5100, KDL-46W5100 and KDL-40W5100 networked HDTVs are expected to be available this spring, but no words on their pricing yet.