Sony has officially announced the launch of its new pocket-sized electronic book readers – Reader Pocket Edition (PRS-300) and Reader Touch Edition (PRS-600), which feature Sony’s award-winning industrial design, 512MB onboard memory, and E Ink Vizplex electronic paper display with 800×600 pixels resolution and 8-level gray scale, aiming to enhance your digital reading experience.
Features of Sony Reader Pocket Edition PRS-300:
- 5-inch electronic paper display
- Stores up to 350 standard eBooks
- Supports up to 2 weeks of reading enjoyment on a single charge
- Available in navy blue, rose or silver color
“We firmly believe consumers should have choice in every aspect of their digital reading experience,” said Steve Haber, president for Sony’s Digital Reading Business Division. “Our goal is to expand the market and provide greater access to what consumers want to read when they want to read it — whether they buy, borrow or get it for free.”
Features of Sony Reader Touch Edition PRS-600:
- Responsive, menu-driven 6-inch touchscreen panel enabling quick, intuitive navigation, page turning, highlighting as well as note taking with the swipe of a finger (or included stylus)
- Built-in Oxford American English Dictionary allows users to look up a word by simply tapping on it
- 5 adjustable font sizes
- Memory Stick PRO Duo and SD memory expansion slot
- Available in red, black or silver color
The new affordable Reader Pocket Edition and Reader Touch Edition that bundled with an attractive protective sleeve and USB cable will be available later this month for retail price of $199 and $299, respectively. In addition, the new releases and New York Times bestseller titles in Sony’s eBook Store (ebookstore.sony.com) will now be available for around $10.