The leading manufacturer of professional audio equipment and studio electronics, Alesis has announced the launch of ProTrack, which the manufacturer describes as the world’s first professional handheld digital stereo recorder for iPod, transforming Apple iPod or iPod Nano into portable professional-level digital audio recorder.
Key Features Of Alesis ProTrack:
- Integrated iPod design
- Records to iPod (Classic or 5th Generation), or iPod nano (2nd or 3rd Generation)
- Professional connectors: two combination XLR – 1/4-inch inputs, 1/8-inch stereo output
- Supplies 48V phantom power to inputs when wall-powered
- Records 16-Bit, 44.1kHz or 22kHz stereo
- Two built-in condenser microphones for detailed recording
- Built-in microphones in XY configuration for optimum stereo image
- Switchable limiter ensures overload-free recordings even in unpredictable aural situations
- AC power adapter included
- 4x AAA batteries support up to five hours of operation
- Tripod stand mount for placing into ideal recording conditions
The new Alesis ProTrack handheld digital stereo recorder for iPod is expected to be available by Q3 2008, but no words on its price yet.