Google Chrome has a built-in DNS pre-fetching mechanism which intends to improve page load performance. However, the feature has known to work to the contrary effects. With DNS prefetching enabled, users of Google Chrome may experience prolong or extended period of web browsing resolving the DNS name, with the following text displayed in status bar:
Besides, Google Chrome also may not, cannot or unable to load some web pages, leaving the web pages in blank and white without any text, or the following error message is displayed:
This webpage is not available.
The webpage at http://www.askvg.com/how-to-disable-window-borders-blur-in-windows-7/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this web page later.
Clicking on the “more information on this error” will display the following technical details:
Below is the original error message
Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): The server could not be found.
The error normally goes away after a refresh button click or F5 button click. However, some users may need to close Google Chrome, run Internet Explorer browser and then restart Google Chrome web browser to fix and resolve the issue.
The problem is caused by unreliable implementation of DNS caching or prefetching in Google Chrome web browser, or buggy coding of Google Chrome’s network I/O (input output) stack.
As a result, turning off and disable DNS pre-fetching may actually solve and fix many web page not loading issue in Google Chrome. Here’s how to disable and turn of DNS prefetching in Google Chrome.
- In Google Chrome, click on Tools menu (a little wrench icon), then go to Options.
- Click on the Under the Hood tab.
- Under “Privacy” section, untick the check box for Use DNS pre-fetching to improve page load performance.
- Click on the Close button.
- Refresh to reload the web page.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Ashampoo Backup 2020 Free Download With Full Version License
- DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper Free Download With License Serial Key Giveaway
- PDF Conversa Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost