One of the global market leaders in storage media products, Verbatim has announced its new palm-sized external hard drives – Verbatim InSight Portable USB Hard Drives, which feature an innovative Always On display that can automatically calculate and continuously display the customizable drive name and available free space (even when disconnected), aiming to provide users an unique functionality, safety, security as well as reliability.
Features Of Verbatim’s InSight Portable USB Hard Drives:
- Sleek, durable enclosure that enhanced with premium piano black finish
- Always On display with 32 x 128 pixels resolution shows free capacity space and your drive’s name
- Nero BackItUp Essentials allow full, automatic system backup and restore functions
- 5400rpm spindle speed and 8MB of cache memory
- High-speed transfer rates of up to 480MB/sec thanks to USB 2.0 port
- Compatible with Windows Vista, XP or 2000 and Mac OS 9.x or higher systems
“The new enclosure design for InSight Portable Hard Drives adds a touch of elegance to the external hard drive product category,” said Charles Klinker, Verbatim’s Director of Marketing, HDD Products. “Users have the option to personalize their drive’s name, e.g., TUNES&PICS, which, along with the free space, shows on the 32 x 128-pixel display even when the drive is unplugged from the user’s computer. The ability to quickly glance at several drives and identify the one that has pictures of the kids, your music collection or video library, for example, adds a level of convenience not previously available in portable hard drives.”
The new stylish Verbatim InSight Portable USB Hard Drives which measure 153 x 87 x 16 mm and weigh less than 6 ounces are available in 2 variants of memory capacities – 320GB and 500GB, retailing for $119.99 and $149.99, respectively.