ViewSonic has officially announced its new portable, simple-to-use ViewPad 7 tablet, which the company claims as the world’s first 7-inch (Froyo) Android 2.2-powered tablet equipped with 3G phone functionality, combining a 3MP camera, A-GPS, G-sensor, office document reader, e-book reader, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, hand-written note functionality and multi-tasking capabilities in a single compact device.
Main features of ViewSonic ViewPad 7 includes:
- 7-inch capacitive multi-touch display with 800 x 480 pixels resolution
- Dual camera – VGA front camera and 3-megapixel back-facing camera
- Built-in full size SIM card slot and MicroSD memory slot supporting up to 32GB storage
- Capable of supporting IM, SMS/MMS, VOIP and voice calling
- Supports Android app store that contains more than 100,000 apps
“We are proud to announce another world first at Viewsonic. 3G phone functionality combined with dual cameras gives the ability for use of Android apps to use augmented reality or video calling on the move with the benefit of an excellent 7″ screen,” said Derek Wright, European Product Marketing Manager for ViewSonic. “The ViewPad 7 is aimed at users who require the ‘always on’ connectivity they are used to from a mobile phone with a more agreeable screen size for longer term use.”
The new compact, lightweight ViewSonic ViewPad 7 is expected to be available in coming October for around £350.