Microsoft has officially announced Windows 7 build 7600.16385 as RTM, but due to the fact that no original untouched and unmodified official DVD ISO images from Microsoft are been leaked to Internet yet, making the genuineness and legitimate of the many home-made or self-made Windows 7 RTM often questioned and clean of malware status in doubt.
Update: Original Windows 7 RTM ISO has leaked.
Microsoft delivers Windows 7 RTM in DVD ISO images format to its various partners including OEMs (original equipment and PC manufacturers), system partners and MSDN or TechNet subscribers, way ahead of official Windows 7 general availability (GA) to general public on October 22, 2009. Thus, many people may already have access to Windows 7 RTM original official DVD ISOs, and inevitably some ISO images may leak to Internet for eager Windows 7 enthusiasts.
If you have downloaded any version of so called Windows 7 RTM DVD ISO, such as home-baked user-made Windows 7 DVD ISO which based on extracted original files, it’s wise to compare the MD5 or SHA-1 hash checksum value of the downloaded ISO against the official SHA1, MD5 and/or CRC hash check sum of official DVD ISO from Microsoft which is untouched, unchanged, and unmodified by anyone.
Here’s the file characteristics and properties of both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7 RTM Build 6.1.7600.16385.090713-1255 DVD ISO from MSDN and TechNet channel. Some channel may distribute the ISO files in other name, but it doesn’t affect its checksum.
Windows 7 Ultimate Retail English (x86)
Size: 2501894144 bytes
Date Modified: Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 17:32:44 PM
Windows 7 Ultimate Retail English (x64)
Size: 3224686592 bytes
Date Modified: Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 17:40:25 PM
Windows 7 Ultimate E Retail English (x86)
Windows 7 Ultimate E Retail English (x64)
Windows 7 Ultimate Retail Simplified Chinese (x86)
Windows 7 Ultimate Retail Simplified Chinese (x64)
Windows 7 Ultimate Retail German (x86)
Windows 7 Ultimate E Retail German (x86)
Also available is the SHA-1 checksum hash value for Windows Server 2008 R2, which also been already been RTMed. The checksum had already been published once RTM build 7600.18365 been signed off.
Windows Server 2008 R2 Volume License (VL) English
Size: 2,996,799,488 bytes
For user who wants to verify the originality of install.wim, the main installation setup file that hold all Windows 7 system files to be installed, here’s the SHA-1 hash code for isntall.wim of Windows 7 RTM:
32-bit (x86): A057C030FCEC3CE8B13C15745CC3845EC671A4AB
64-bit (x64): 049539998E39E59800B6026094F9049C4CCA2375
Check out the full coverage of Windows 7 RTM.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Xiaomi AMAZFIT Cor IPS Smartband User Manual English Version
- Xiaomi Mijia Mini 4K 30fps Action Camera User Manual English Version
- Free Download 8 Awesome Software (Worth $350+) For Special Giveaway
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18234 Released to Insider in Fast ring for PC – Here’s What’s New Improvements, Fixes, and Known Issues
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17755 What’s New, Fixed and Known issues for PCs