After using hack to install language packs on non-supported editions of Windows 7, the Windows 7 operating system may be unsuccessful and validated as non-genuine (in other words, pirated or counterfeit) when user is trying to install updates on Windows Update or download files from the Microsoft Download Center. Genuine Windows validation also fails and returns negative status when user validates on Genuine Microsoft Software site.
Typically, the following message will be displayed:
This copy of Windows is not genuine.
In addition, the non-genuine warnings may contain one of these validation error codes:
It appears that Windows Activation Technologies (WAT) starts to taking into account feature sets that available on specific edition of Windows 7 operating system when determining the genuine status. In this case, the non-genuine status is returned when Multilingual User Interface (MUI) packs that provide additional display languages in the operating system are installed on Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium or Professional edition, all of which is Windows 7 editions that does not support installation of MUI language packs.
According to KB2105247, Multilingual User Interface (MUI) packs require a license to be used and are available only for Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows 7 Enterprise editions. If these language files are present on another edition of Windows 7, genuine technologies will detect tampering on the system and display the non-genuine warnings.
If the WAT has already been installed on the system, there is likelihood that the non-genuine error will also occurred at the point which user tries to install MUI language packs on Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, or Professional edition. With the introduction of genuine check on language packs, the free ride of less premium editions of Windows 7 to use MUI language packs may come to an end.
To resolve the non-genuine issue and return the Windows 7 to genuine status, user can choose either one options:
- Reinstall Windows
- Uninstall or remove MUIs – If a third-party program was used to install the MUIs, they can be removed by using the same program (read: Vistalizator). After the MUIs are uninstalled, restart the computer, and re-validate the operating system.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Watchdog PC Cleaner 2018 Free Download With Genuine License Serial Keycode
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17738 Official ISO Images Download Link
- Microsoft Released Windows 10 Build 17741 For PC – Here What’s Changes, Fixes, Improvements, and Known Issues
- Microsoft Released Windows 10 Build 17744 For Insiders in Fast Ring for PC – Here What’s Fixes, Changes, Improvements, and Known Issues
- Windows 10 Build 18219 Released – Here’s What’s New, Fixed, and Known Issues