Windows 9, the speculative name for the next iteration of Windows operating system as the successor to Windows 8, is expected to be unveiled in September, if various news reports which have patchy accuracy when coming to predicting release of Windows OS are true.
The news was first reported by CNET that a “technology preview” version of the next iteration of Windows OS, codenamed “Threshold” and likely to be named as Windows 9, is coming in late September or October 2014, with the final release scheduled for spring of 2015. And as with most previous Windows releases, either the technology preview or consumer preview version of Windows 9 Threshold, which is another name for beta version, is likely available for free download to everyone. Unlikely the past, Windows 9 preview will have updates regularly push automatically to users’ computers who installed Windows 9 Preview, which makes the OS rapidly changed on the way to final RTM of Windows 9.
In addition, according to The Verge, Microsoft will be unveiling Windows 9 at a special press event on September 30th, 2014, where the software giant is expected to provide an overview of key new features of the upcoming operating system, with a technical preview ready for download by developers and enthusiasts. Microsoft is also expected to reveal more details about the separate combined build version of Windows RT and Windows Phone.
Windows Threshold or Windows 9 is expected to make some changes on UI to Windows 8 which has received much complaints from end users. The new features in Windows 9 may include new “mini” Start Menu, removal of Charms bar, virtual desktops support, ability for Metro (Modern) apps to run in windowed-mode in classic desktop, and integration with early build of Cortana, the Siri-equivalent offering from Microsoft.
With a technical preview of Windows 9 expected late next month, question is, will the leak comes sooner?
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18334 Roll Out for Windows Insiders – Here Full Changelog of What Fixes, Changes, and Improvement (Free State of Decay)
- Windows 10 Voice Recorder Keyboard Shortcuts
- Free Elegant Art Nouveau Fonts for Windows, Linux, and Mac
- Want to share the Apple devices content to SmartTV with AirPlay 2? Here are the SmartTV models support AirPlay 2
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18312 for PC Released – Here What’s Full Details of Changes