Microsoft is not only working hard on Windows 7 and SP2 for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008. In fact, a new variant of Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 is been actively developed, and is been introduced at the 2008 PDC (Professional Developers Conference) as the server variant of Windows 7 (download 32-bit Windows 7 pre-beta or 64-bit Windows 7 pre-beta).
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 will be the next version of the Windows Server operating system from Microsoft. Building on the features and capabilities of the current Windows Server 2008 release version, Windows Server 2008 R2 enhances on the features, security, reliability and performance to make the operating system that are easier to plan, deploy, and manage than previous versions of Windows Server.
Some of the features of Windows Server R2 include improved web application platform, enhanced virtualization and consolidation capabilities, reduced power consumption, streamlined management with new set of management tools, decreasing boot time, improved efficiency of I/O operations, improved speed of storage devices, especially iSCSI, new Active Directory capabilities such as a “recycle bin” for deleted AD objects, a new FTP server, and an increase in the number of supported processing cores from 64 to 256, scalability and reliability. There is also improvements to the Server Core installation option, which include the complete removal of the graphical environment from the operating system, and support for the .NET Framework, including ASP.NET applications and Windows PowerShell support.
For system administrators or clients who want to know more about Windows Server 2008 R2, the Windows Server 2008 R2 Reviewers Guide provides a technical overview of the incremental features and functions that make Windows Server 2008 R2 the next-generation Microsoft Windows Server operating system and successor to Microsoft Windows Server 2008. This guide also provides information about the benefits Windows Server 2008 R2 offers diverse users, as well as information about different scenarios. Current, it’s a pre-beta draft.
Download Windows Server 2008 R2 Reviewer’s Guide: http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/1/F2146213-4AC0-4C50-B69A-12428FF0B077/Windows_Server_2008_R2_Reviewers_Guide_(BETA).doc
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18865 (20H1) for Insiders Skip Ahead
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18361 Released Fast ring Insiders – Here’s What’s New Improvements, Fixes, and Known Issues
- DVDFab Blu-ray Copy + Blu-ray Ripper Free Download With License Key Code
- Windows 10 Build 18351 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s Fixes, Changes, Improvements, and Known Issues
- DriverMax Free Download With 1-year Genuine License Serial Key