Apple has officially announced its new magical, revolutionary device for surfing the web, reading and sending email, viewing photos, watching movies or videos, listening to music, playing games, reading e-books and so forth, which named as Apple iPad (previously rumored as Apple iTablet or Apple iSlate). Apple iPad is able to run virtually all of the 140,000 apps from the App Store – from games to productivity apps and much more, featuring 12 next-generation, innovative multi-touch applications that work in both portrait and landscape. The iPad is available in 2 versions – Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + 3G models.
“iPad is our most advanced technology in a magical and revolutionary device at an unbelievable price,” commented Steve Jobs, CEO for Apple. “iPad creates and defines an entirely new category of devices that will connect users with their apps and content in a much more intimate, intuitive and fun way than ever before.”
In addition, Apple also announced a new version of iWork desktop-class productivity suite for the iPad, which includes Pages, Keynote and Numbers apps that have been completely redesigned for Apple iPad, allowing users to create incredible presentations with animations and transitions, word processing documents, and spreadsheets with charts, functions and formulas by directly touching the words and images on the Multi-Touch display. iWork will costs $9.99.
Unique Features And Specifications Of Apple iPad:
- Large 9.7-inch LED-backlit wide Multi-Touch screen (1024 x 768 pixels resolution) with IPS (in-plane switching) technology and fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Extremely powerful, power efficient 1GHz Apple A4 system-on-a-chip
- Customizable Home Screen provides users one-tap access to everything on iPad
- Spotlight Search allows users to search across Apple iPad, and its built-in apps including Mail, Contacts, Calendar, iPod and Notes
- Browse and buy music, TV shows, podcasts on your iPad by just tap on the iTunes Store icon
- Safari web browser lets users navigate through the Internet easily
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology and Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n) connectivity
- Based on latest iPhone OS 3.2
- Support speeds up to 7.2 Mbps on HSDPA networks (Wi-Fi + 3G model only)
- Built-in 25Whr rechargeable lithium polymer battery supports up to 10 hours of battery life
- 30-pin dock connector lets users connect to new iPad accessories such as Camera Connection Kit or Keyboard Dock
- Support variety of languages including English, French, German, Japanese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Simplified Chinese and Russian
- Integrated speaker, microphone, accelerometer, ambient light sensor and digital compass
- A-GPS (Wi-Fi + 3G model) or cellular (Wi-Fi + 3G model)
- Available in 3 variants of flash memory capacities – 16GB, 32GB and 64GB
Complete list of features and specifications can be found on Apple website.
Furthermore, the company also introduced a great and convenient way to browse, buy and read books on Apple iPad – iBooks app, which includes Apple’s new iBookstore that features books from major and independent publishers.
The new Apple iPad which measures 9.56 x 7.47 x 0.5 inches and weights about 1.5 pounds is expected to be available by March 2010 starting at an affordable price of $499. View the full price list of Apple iPad.
Update: iPad 2