Occasionally users may face sharing violation whereby users are not allowed to delete files or folders from the computer due to the files being in use or accessed by running programs or a folder that store the files being accessed/opened by other users or programs. It could be quite a frustrating experience especially if users need to delete the files urgently. Seeing these messages prompted out will surely make users more irritated and annoyed: “Cannot delete the file. It is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using the file and try again”, “The operation can’t be completed because the file/folder is open in another program. Close the file/folder and try again.”, “Cannot delete file: Access is denied”, “Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use”, etc.
There are various tools and utilities that can actually help to force delete or unlock these files from being locked or used by other applications. For instance users can try utilities such as Unlocker, FileASSASSIN or File and Folder Unlocker as introduced in our previous post. Besides these programs, users can also try another similar tool, namely LockHunter. LockHunter is a free application which can be used to delete files blocked by unknown programs. Unlike other programs, this application will actually show you what programs are locking the file you are trying to delete. With this display information given, users can thence choose to close the program to unlock the file, force the file to be unlocked from the program, or delete the file and even the program physically from the disk. To avoid accidental deletion of a useful file, LockHunter will not remove the files permanently but will move them to the recycle bin in the event users want to recover the files.
Download Link for LockHunter 1.0.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links